Max Water Social Business

While Bangladesh has made great progress in health, sanitation, reducing child mortality, and economic growth much remains to be done. Currently, only 1% of households in rural Bangladesh have a piped water connection, and the other 99% is over 100 million people. The need is great, but so is the market opportunity. There’s a direct link between hygiene, safe water, and child health. Clean water in the home makes it easier for families to practice safe water habits, such as not only using clean water for drinking but also for washing your pots, pans and utensils.

We believe locally sustainable market models are the only way to bring clean water to rural homes in Bangladesh

There’s a direct link between hygiene, safe water, and child health. Clean water in the home makes it easier for families to practice safe water habits, such as not only using clean water for drinking but also for washing your pots, pans and utensils. Max Foundation works to strengthen local supply and demand. We are addressing the rural need for water through a scalable and financially viable piped scheme model for Bangladesh communities we call Max Water Social Business. It supplies water to the doorstep through small-scale piped schemes, operated by local entrepreneurs linked to Max Water Social Business.

We invite you to help us turn Max Water Social Business into a reality

In areas where we work, people want piped water in the home and are willing to pay. We have five piped water schemes currently running, and six more that will be running by end of 2018. With these, we can already provide at least 4,000 people with access to safe water. We now aim to scale up with 40 additional schemes in the Build and Expand phase, reaching 12,600 people. By the end of this phase, we plan for Max Water Social Business to spin off from Max Foundation and operate independently.

Bringing clean drinking water to Bangladeshi homes

Get in at the start of Max Water Social Business

Your contribution now helps us to provide access to safe water for over 12,600 people in rural villages and urban slums. We offer a social return, and your investment will help move Max Water Social Business towards a financially sustainable product. After four years we plan to attract investment capital and phase out grant funding. We project a positive cash flow by year nine and a fully self-sustaining and profitable model within 15 years.

More information?

Please contact Femke Markus, for more information on Max Water Social Business, our plans and financial model, and how you can help us Build and Expand our vision – femke[at]maxfoundation.org 

Nieuws